The model 4500 (4530 metric) lathe is a standard model 4000 (4100 metric) 3.5″ x 8″ lathe upgraded to include two adjustable “zero” handwheels on the crosslide and leadscrew. (standard handwheel on tailstock.). The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Adjustable zero handwheels allow the user to reset the handwheel to a zero reading at any time without moving the leadscrew. This makes dialing in the next dimension easier, as you are starting from zero each time. It also helps eliminate math errors. This is a feature normally found on expensive full-size machines, but not often available on a machine of this size and price.
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide
- 15″ (381mm) steel bed to allow 8″ (203mm) between centers
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew, a 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the crosslide feed screw, and a standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) handwheel on the tailstock. Each handwheel has laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars
- Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual