The 5000-series mills are Sherline’s most economical mills and would be a good starting point for any miniature machine shop. They feature a solid 10″ (254mm) aluminum base, precision machined dovetailed slides with adjustable gibs, permanently lubricated spindle bearings, adjustable preload anti-backlash feed screws on the X- and Y-axes, two 1-5/8″ (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels, one 2-1/2″ (63mm) laser engraved handwheel with thrust bearings, and many other features found only on the best commercial machines.
Standard equipment for the model 5000 (5100 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller.
- 10″ base.
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots.
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual.
- Available with red handwheels upon request.
New Mill Features
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well.
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew.
Other Purchasing Options:
The improper use of machine tools and their accessories can result in serious injury. Before using this tool, thoroughly read the instructions and make sure you understand its proper and safe use.
Always wear safety glasses when operating machine tools.
Download PDF Assembly and Instruction Guide
Call for replacement parts for this item.