All Sherline mills feature precision machined dovetailed slides with adjustable gibs, permanently lubricated spindle bearings, adjustable preload anti-backlash feed screws and a high-torque 90 VDC motor with electronic speed control. Speed is continuously variable from 70 to 2800 RPM without gear or belt changes. A second pulley position is also available to provide extra torque at low RPM if needed.
Standard equipment for the model 5400 (5410 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller.
- 12″ base.
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots.
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual.
- 1297 Headstock spacer block
- 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Available with red handwheels upon request.
New Mill Features
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well.
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew.