The 8540 CNC Package Includes:
- 5400 mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Linux and EMC2 preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Instruction and utility CD. The CD includes complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code.
- A blank 4GB USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use. 90-day warranty on CNC and computer related components.
You supply only a monitor.
8540A/8541A “A” Package Accessories Include:
- 3013 Step block hold-down set
- 3020 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3021 3-piece center drill set
- 3052 Fly cutter w/carbide bit
- 3060 3-piece mill collet set w/drawbolt
- 7400 6-piece 3/8″ 2-flute double-ended end mill set
(7401 4-flute set may be substituted depending on availability)
- 3079 3/8″ end mill holder
- 3551 Milling vise
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
Standard equipment for the model 8540 (8541 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes mounted on the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- 1297 Headstock spacer block
- 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
Sherline CNC Specification Links
- Sherline CNC Specification page. See all the specs side-by-side on Sherline’s complete line of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
- Sherline Stepper Motor Specifications
- 8760 CNC 4-Axis Driver Box Kit page. This driver box is sold separately, however, it is the same driver that comes standard with every Sherline CNC computer system. Check out the Specifications tab on the page for details.