The 8580 (8581 metric) CNC Package Includes:
- 5800 NexGen mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Linux and EMC2 preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Backup software in a 2-CD set. Included on the CDs are complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code
- A USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use
You supply only a monitor.
Sherline CNC Specification Links
- Sherline CNC Specification page. See all the specs side-by-side on Sherline’s complete line of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
- Sherline Stepper Motor Specifications
- 8760 CNC 4-Axis Driver Box Kit page. This driver box is sold separately, however, it is the same driver that comes standard with every Sherline CNC computer system. Check out the Specifications tab on the page for details.
Standard equipment for the model 8500 (8510 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller
- 18″ mill base with Y-axis leadscrew protection
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 18.0″ (457 mm) extended mill table with two T-slots
- 7″ x 13″ tooling plate
- 15″ (63mm) extended column bed
- Extra-rigid column base
- 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes mounted on the stepper motors
- 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Laser-engraved scales on the base and table
- Oil reservoirs on the X-, Y- and Z-axes
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
See the individual page for the 5800/5810 Mill for more details on the machine itself and what comes with it.