Your CNC Options
Retrofit kits—Any existing Sherline machine can have stepper motor mounts added in place of the handwheels. Complete retrofits with computer and motors are available as well.
CNC-Ready—You can order any new Sherline machine with stepper motor mounts installed. You add the stepper motors, controls, software, computer and other components to turn it into a complete CNC system.
Complete CNC—You can now buy a complete turnkey system with everything you need to get started. All our standard accessory packages can also be ordered. For example, you could order a CNC mill with the “A” accessory package, or you could order a complete shop package including lathe, mill and rotary table all fitted with stepper motor mounts, stepper motors, computer, drivers and all the tooling and accessories.
- Utilizes industry standard g- and m-codes that you write yourself or generate from a CAD/CAM program (not included) that generates G-code.
- Features powerful NEMA 23 size, 136 oz-in, dual shaft stepper motors.
- Capable of accuracy to 0.001″ (0.01 mm) or better.
- Tool offsets—Enter the tool diameter in the “tools” table and the computer calculates how far to offset the tool path so the side of the tool cuts the desired path.
- Accepts inch or metric dimensions using G20, G21.
- Instructions by Joe Martin—the most practical, concise and down-to-earth you will find on the subject of CNC.
- Priced for the hobbyist but suitable for running small prototype or limited production work.
- One year warranty for home (non-production) use.
Click on the links below
Sherline CNC System Links
Frequently Asked Questions About CNC.
How to use Sherline’s CNC machines and how to write G-code.
CNC Mill and CNC Lathe specifications
How we got to where we are today and why the Sherline CNC instructions were written as they were.
The optional 4th axis for your mill.
Run a 4-axis Sherline CNC system using your own computer.
A list G- and M-Code commands with the ones appropriate for Sherline use highlighted in red.
How to set up CNC tools on Sherline machines.
Related CNC resources and products as well as free Linux/EMC download links.
A simple programmable single-axis controller that requires no computer or g-code.
CNC Projects you can make with your Sherline CNC system. Examples from customers show you how it’s done.
Grind your own cam shafts for model engines using CNC.
Follow the link to the YahooGroups site and type “Sherline CNC” in the query box. Join the group and get access to the advice of several thousand Sherline CNC users.
Compare how similar the Linux and Windows operating systems really are. The new “Lucid” build in our 6.0 version is the most “Windows-like” yet.
Step-by-step software installation instructions for version 6.0 (PDF file).
Troubleshooting Sherline’s CNC Systems
Information on EMC (PDF file).
A list of known issues and updates to the EMC program and physical changes to the machines.