The 8540 (8541 metric) CNC Package Includes:
- 5400 mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes
- A computer with Linux and EMC2 preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Backup software in a 2-CD set. Included on the CDs are complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code
- A USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use
You supply only a monitor.
Sherline CNC Specification Links
- Sherline CNC Specification page. See all the specs side-by-side on Sherline’s complete line of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
- Sherline Stepper Motor Specifications
- 8760 CNC 4-Axis Driver Box Kit page. This driver box is sold separately, however, it is the same driver that comes standard with every Sherline CNC computer system. Check out the Specifications tab on the page for details.
Standard equipment for the model 8540 (8541 metric) mill includes:
- A powerful 90V DC motor with electronic speed controller
- 12″ base
- 2-1/2″ (63mm) adjustable “zero” handwheel on the Z-axis and 2″ (51mm) adjustable “zero” handwheels on the X- and Y-axes mounted on the stepper motors
- 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots
- Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual
- 1297 Headstock spacer block
- 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Available with red handwheels upon request