The 8540 (8541 metric) CNC package includes a 5400 mill fitted with saddle oiler, stepper motor mounts and couplers on X-, Y- and Z-axes.
- A computer with Linux and EMC2 preinstalled
- Keyboard and mouse
- 4-axis driver board and power supply installed inside the computer
- Computer cables to the X-, Y-, and Z-axes are 69″ in length
- Backup software in a 2-CD set. Included on the CDs are complete instructions, and several free utilities to translate CAD files or TrueType fonts into G-code
- A USB flash drive is also included
- 1-year warranty on all components for non-production use
You supply only a monitor.
Sherline CNC Specification Links
- Sherline CNC Specification page. See all the specs side-by-side on Sherline’s complete line of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes.
- Sherline Stepper Motor Specifications
- 8760 CNC 4-Axis Driver Box Kit page. This driver box is sold separately, however, it is the same driver that comes standard with every Sherline CNC computer system. Check out the Specifications tab on the page for details.
New CNC Mill Feature
The Mill Accordion Way Cover Set (P/N 5090) now comes as a standard feature on all CNC Mills. The way cover protects your Y-axis leadscrew and ways from chips and coolant. The way covers take up only a fraction of an inch of Y-travel while adding life to your machine by protecting the only exposed leadscrew on the Sherline mill.